Why CASBs Matter to Cloud Security
With the rapid adoption of cloud services like Office365, Salesforce, Workday, AWS and Azure, organizations in all industries, and of all sizes find themselves on 'cloud first', and some even 'cloud only' journeys. With the right shared responsibility controls, many organizations believe these advancing cloud models can provide better security as long as the organization focuses on adequately on identity, data and app configuration.
However, understanding the cloud access security broker (CASB) platforms and how they are designed, is essential to help with these shared responsibility controls across SaaS and IaaS platforms, and implement them appropriately. In this session, we will share insight and best practices for securing your apps and data in SaaS and IaaS. We'll discuss today's top 10 security risks, some timely use cases, and what do to -- and avoid -- when deploying a CASB, putting it in the right context for security teams and leaders.
Some takeaways include:
- The background and context to CASBs and cloud security trends today;
- Insight from around the world on CASB adoption and global best practices;
- How to approach the shared responsibility model for cloud security;
- Top things to avoid when deploying CASB;
- CASB use cases and success stories.